Home for us is the wonderful town of West Hartford, Connecticut. However, as international educators, we’ve lived and worked in Beijing, China for the past seven years: Rob as a Humanities teacher and Curriculum Coordinator, Jen as a Guidance Counselor, and Miles and Owen as students at the International School of Beijing (ISB). As a family, we’ve traveled quite a bit through China and other parts of Asia, but our home country of America remains relatively less explored. The main goals of our “family gap year” include:
- Learn about America and its history, geography, culture, and people.
- Experience nature and the great outdoors (without Beijing’s pollution!).
- Reconnect with our extended family and the many friends we miss.
- Reflect on our careers and schooling (both mid-way through).
- Spend time with each other and make memories as a family.
- Documents and share our experiences with others.
For more information on each of us, check out our individual blogs.